• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rebuilding boom cylinder. 322C

fastline

Hoping to get both some procedural data from SIS and/or possibly some opinions of approach on this one. I will be rebuilding one boom cylinder. I realize most would say "do both" but other one was done recent.

Historically I have always rebuilt my cylinders and custom machined tools to do so, but have never done one of these booms and I am trying to figure out if/how I want to approach it. I think on the last one I did, I unpinned the rod, then rolled the cylinder down and set barrel on cribbing. Then pulled rod. I can't recall how I held the rod eye to apply the massive piston nut torque though.

Opinions welcome!

fastline

I thought a plugged in HEK serial. Or I can find and email the whole serial?

Jonas302

I would pin it to the back of your dozer supported by v cut wood blocks then if no other heavy equipment around plug the lines so you can use the hoe to push the wrench

fastline

Thank you very much! Now I guess I need to decide if I want to tackle this. I swear every time I do one, I say I am going to build a hydro bench....lol

Does anyone know the 'proper' way to hold the rod eye when applying the "holy jezuz' torque to the piston nut? In past yrs we have just repinned to the machine to hold it but I suspect that is not a real good way and could damage the bushing.