• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Reasonable Fee for moving a 30k lb. Dozer

Anthony Reynolds

I'm considering purchasing a 30k dozer with 10 foot blade on it so it would be transported as oversized load. In the Seattle area, what would be considered a fair rate to get shipped about 50 miles away. I was thinking ball park $1000. I would like to hear some distance that some have charged/paid.

skyking1

Pick a transport company near one end and get a quote. If it is 50 miles one way, I would figure a 4 hour minimum. I got a quote in NE Washington last year at 140 per hour. I would guess ~175$ would be possible, so that is more in the 750 range.
10' does not require much extra BS so that is not an issue.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
I paid a friend $500.00 and dinner to move my AC HD-11 tractor with a 10' blade, (~32K) 178 miles using his tractor and sliding axle trailer. Permit was $10.00, and I did much of the chaining and bannering while he found an outgoing load from my locale.

It took almost five months to get him in my area to do this task, but friends work together for the mutual good and support.

If time is on your side I'd look to do the same.

skyking1

Moving at 10 ft wide load is a nothing burger. I would do absolutely no wrenching to make it narrower.
I would move his dozer with my 20t tilt trailer, but our insurance I'm sure doesn't cover hauling for hire.

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
True. Wonder if the blade could be angled to narrow it up some?
Figure it would be a bull blade so no. Even an angle blade on the angle would be 10ft on that size dozer.

Jonas302

I think your in the right ball park 750-1000 maybe a little high but that never hurts for planning

also does it run and drive properly that can have a affect on pricing

525isx

Occupation
log trucker
I'm agreeing with sky king- about a 4 hrs and around $150 to $200 an hour in puget sound area

361brock

Occupation
retired
I removed the blade on D5LGP 13ft 6 wide, put it between tracks for move then hired a tow truck and re-installed. You could find a big tree and chainfall.

Nick

IceHole

I pay $180/hr...

So maybe 4 hours between loading, chain, haul, unchained, offload and truck getting home?