• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Rear bumper/gaurd on CTL or ssl?

Jschremser

Yes, I agree. The AC never did seem to be an efficient system. I ended up mounting a blower on the roof of the cab that ducts fresh air in. Found an adjustable vent in the junk yard that directs air where needed for personal comfort. I believe the blower and some well placed foam pieces around the controls and seat base go a long way to minimize dust in the cab. The blower came from MacBone Industries, 888-622-2663. It moves enough air to stay comfortable in the FL summer heat. 100_0119.jpg100_0120.jpg

f311fr1

I wondered about the big box on top. It should go a long way toward keeping the dust down. I am going to check it out

Tones

Occupation
Ex land clearing contractor, part-time retired
Just a word of caution about at winch. If it's a Warn winch don't ever dead pull it. They have a real bad habit of smashing the break. Super Winch is probably a better type to use. Just my experance and 2 bobs worth.

HRPServicesTX

Occupation
Land Management, Fencing, Metal Buildings, Arenas,
Thanks for all the great input and pics, I haven't had quite enough time to start on mine but gathering some good info. I'll prob start doing some renderings of a style I'm thinking of. I know I'll have a receiver but still debating if I want to actually mount the winch direct to it.

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
I was back at the dealer today and they had a skid with the same guard I mentioned earlier I snapped a few pics. After looking again it looks nearly identical to the one JNB posted.Skid Steer 2.jpgSkid Steer.jpg

Tags

How do you access the engine for daily service?

It looks like it has some lynch pins on the left side that you'd remove and I would hope there is a hinge on the right so you could swing it outta the way, if not, I hope the operator has got a strong back....

JS300

Occupation
Power Plant and Cattle
Yep had lynch pins and hinges. There were two SVL 90's there. One with a mulcher and one with a grapple. Looked just like my nieghbors rigs he might have traded. One in pic had mulcher and 595 hrs. They also had one with just a bucket that was in really good shape. I've been wanting to trade up but just committed to a hay barn, probably need to wait.