• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Have Doc visit first thing of morning, get a Aortic Ultrasound as due to being a long time smoker in the past, find out how much actual damage I did. Afterwards be coming home to work on the beast some more. Have until Friday to get much more done, then going to OK, pickup tires and give JY another few days of extra hands on his shop mods.. Be back Monday the 22nd where will order frame paint for the rear and install the tires to wheels, dispose of the old ones. Will be busting it to get the odd small parts polished and back on after paint buff. Have exhaust pieces thru the mufflers to hang, not sure how tall or if turnouts for stacks yet, loads of odds and ends to still get including a grill. Most of the old Chrome and Stainless parts need buff out and shined up.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Doc appt. went fine report already in, Nothing as to Aneurism evidence, Aortic wall appears to be nominal in thickness, does have a "Ectasia" spot 2.8cm x 1.9cm where explained in the report just need to review that in Five Years.
Got back to sanding this morning, already POd, a bubble at the R Headlamp bucket Outer corner of hood came away this morning, looks like MORE mask and REDO. Walked out of shop and going to lunch with ,y cousin at noon. Damned near had Right Side of Hood completed, then this, will have to feather out dress and repaint that area and re-clear that same spot, will likely shoot a re-clear to entire Headlamp Bump on Fender.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Three and a half days later, JY has a reasonable shop bathroom electrical is supplied and working as is sink and toilet he had already set.
Tires are here, he was as correct as could be, as to 30-40% tread life remaining at about 3/8”, no boots plugs patches or nails/screws

9BE40DAC-E136-489F-869A-4BEB36663A12.jpeg 087B9557-35B8-44ED-AAB5-0241D7384543.jpeg

M853 Bridgestones

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Today was a slacker day
Mounted tires to the two spare Pete ovals, swapped to the ovals positions on truck then stripped those, new valve stems and replaced tires swapped to where had large round hand holes, dropped those tires and stripped rims for buffing. Swung the new fronts, stripped those two rims for outer rears.
Now have to find who will accept the pulled 6 as scrappers and for what fee.
Done for today.
8467FE7F-FFE6-4380-9E29-DB878A1F17B4.jpeg D1BA312E-6AC6-41A9-9921-F5307586F1D1.jpeg E697A5B0-A9FE-4CA3-9886-20F3DF128C9D.jpeg

crane operator

My dump will take them by weight if I cut the sidewall from the tread. Sawzall with demo blade. But they want more than $22 per tire if I bring them whole.

Truck Shop

At the top of Rye Grass I-90 between Ellensburg and Vantage, there is a gulley full of tires that
Kittitas Co allowed-on county land plus a gulley full of human waste from King Co. Which made
headlines in the local paper because of all the volunteer tomato and melon plants that popped
up. I guess Seattleites like their maters and melons, but hate their used tires.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Can burn a limited volume of them in brush piles, IIRC the limit is four auto or two truck or tractor tires, know that is not monitored as watched several dozen go into one brush pile. Been explained is a norm to burn as many as can pack in, just do not wish to be first caught.