• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Last of the Major Components I will need to buy is a Faux Grilldenser Grill (prefer that look) and a Hood internal Insulation package, for noise and heat. All but three retainer stubs are still under the hood, have all but four press fit plastic washers for the system where found it comes with those new, replacement Bumper mount bolts and Dulled or Flattened Black Frame Paint. Beyond those will need to rebuild the Fbgls fenders sitting next to my shop and install.
Still need to get back inside Right door as latch will not open from inside and need to go thru AC system AGAIN.

As to Rear sleeper corners, we have a company called Craftsman Industries near here, may see if can form some Stnls Stl rolled covers for the lower regions, 22" tall, roughly 11" OA Wide on a 4" Radius.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Started Color, one small run on second coat blue on corner will sand out before Clear. Gray on the other hand for some really BAD reason ran in three spots, is humid as hell and reducer not flashing well enough, will have to allow to dry an hour to sand those down prior to a second coat.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Well I am TORQUED.

Two places on Outer Fender Flange are funky, clear is on and looks TERRIBLE. Top of Fender and Head lamp bucket is Fine, just that outer flange so will resort to masking THAT off and Stripping THAT back down and repaint just that flange side. Just Worked up beyond sense.

Nothing seems to go well on this job.

Tags

Don’t get so down DMiller, you’re not a professional body man/painter. Think you’re doing an amazing job, I would never tackle painting something like that, dump body or flatbed is about as adventurous as I would get. Hang in there, have a nice bourbon tonight and git after it again tomorrow, you’re sooooo close, it’ll feel real good when it’s done.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Started at 4:30 this morning, first coat THREE GD Runs, allowed to dry where could sand them out then TWO additional coats, picked FOUR GD Gnats off the wet second coat. On last coat spotted a hair or piece of lint or gnat tracks on fender transition edge, in a few minutes will LIGHTLY sand that down and hit the area ONE LAST TIME. Should all go well, FINGERS ALL CROSSED!, will be spraying Clear at 9:30/10 this morning. WHAT A FORKING BIOTCH this fender has been!!

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I've always hated automotive paints and painting. Thinners, reducers, hardeners, correct air and feed flows, HPLV guns, clean air and on and on. I have a very high opinion of your work and professionalism on the project.

I painted my house a week ago. That's the extent of any painting I ever intend to do for the rest of my life.