• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
In actuality my shop was built to store household crap when built as were also listing the old home for sale and had to "Stage" it, all excess Sh!t OUT. Had to come up with something wife could buy into where could resume working on my own stuff in it after emptied. Entire structure 6" studs, Stick Built on 24" footers with 6" slab was just over $60k insulated and tinned inside.
Wow, I feel like I am getting by cheap with how much I have put into this, I don't think I will break over $15k in materials. Slab around $4.5k is most expensive item followed by insulation of $3k. Heck the wife is helping pay for the part of this pole barn to get built, she has offered to pay someone if I hired them to work with me, I refused though might have to grab someone to help me with the slab after all this will be my first slab pour.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Will need hands to Drag, Screed and then Finish out a slab those sizes you quoted. Just dragging out a small patio slab liked to work me to death before I got it level enough to screed out.
They do make a power screed that can be rented in town, looks to be a one person circus show to use it and comes with different size screed bars. Which at $75 a day is cheaper than paying someone $75 a hour and that doesn't include the hour I would have to pay them to drive out here too.
https://tomahawk-power.com/collecti...da-power-screed-single-magnesium-blade-bundle
Shops are never big enough because people will no matter what fill it with useless sh!t--{Mike Flake}
"IF" I get to that point then it's time to clean house, got 90 plus acres but I still ain't keeping broke down useless machinery around or any other junk as such. Most things get a 90 to 180 day grace depends on the time of the year and it's gone, 99% of stuff here doesn't get here till there is a use for it and rarely does situation change for it need to leave.

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
You can tell a hoarder when you see old buckets of used bolts/nuts and especially cotter pins and rusty
pipe fittings.
I got a 55 gallon drum for that, when it gets full it goes with rest of the scrap metal to the metal recycling, takes over a couple years to fill it up. When it gets full or close to full and the market is peaking I cash in my chips.

Old Doug

They do make a power screed that can be rented in town, looks to be a one person circus show to use it and comes with different size screed bars. Which at $75 a day is cheaper than paying someone $75 a hour and that doesn't include the hour I would have to pay them to drive out here too.
https://tomahawk-power.com/collecti...da-power-screed-single-magnesium-blade-bundle

"IF" I get to that point then it's time to clean house, got 90 plus acres but I still ain't keeping broke down useless machinery around or any other junk as such. Most things get a 90 to 180 day grace depends on the time of the year and it's gone, 99% of stuff here doesn't get here till there is a use for it and rarely does situation change for it need to leave.
Do not try to pour concrete by your self pay for more help than you need . There is no going back if something go's bad. I never was on a job that went wrong but me work to the death attitude saved more than one job.

Old Doug

Of the last few years my treasures piles have deliberately reduced. Tired of dragging them everywhere.
I am going to haul a min van off this week it was full of treasures i left half of them in it but its hard not to keep some of them. This fall when it cools off i want to clean out my storage trailer i need to get my self ready to let go of some stuff.