• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I got a fedex delivered package right before the 4th that looked like this:
View attachment 263747

That's a plastic radiator support for my brothers car. Amazingly, it wasn't broken.
Not sure if the fault would be FedEx or the place shipping it! They should assume that there will be a bit of bouncing about in transit and put some extra padding or reinforcing for a sharp end like that. I just shipped a back half of a motorcycle frame and I made sure to cover the pointy ends with a chunk of foam rubber taped securely to the ends. UPS did not manage to destroy it or the box!

Camshawn

Occupation
retired
We have a mailbox at the street, 250 yards from the house. One unnamed courier ( drives small cars) stuffs packages into said mailbox regardless of size. I was 100 feet away last week and he had stuffed the mailbox before I could get there. Last fedex just dropped the box onto a large plastic bag and left it on the driveway. Not much effort put out there

Old Doug

We have a mailbox at the street, 250 yards from the house. One unnamed courier ( drives small cars) stuffs packages into said mailbox regardless of size. I was 100 feet away last week and he had stuffed the mailbox before I could get there. Last fedex just dropped the box onto a large plastic bag and left it on the driveway. Not much effort put out there
I think its a federal offence for any one but a postal carrier to open a mail box here i guess its different there?

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Well out early before Humid took over, full Enamel reducer wipe down of cab, completed that, mixed another dollop of surface filler and tidied up a couple more norts on hood, then mounted the new steering tires finally just back from picking up paints.

About fell over when let me know how much to bring. $2204.46 for Gallon and 3/4 of paints, quart of Primer sealer, the associated hardeners , reducers and flash enhancers. Four boxes the size of a group 31 battery. Delfleet products.

IMG_0321.JPG

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Not used Tire Life, not seen a need of it. Doubt I will ever heat them loaded to a need.

Owner at body shop stated was a 6.5% increase a month ago, last week another 8%, supposedly I picked good timing as paint seller noted next rise will be almost 18% in price increase, within Two Weeks. Petro Products.

BTW, First Two Cannoli's are GONE!!

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Hoping to have this a few years, will not be hard miles, then either Move Up or if offered enough sell it off and head to Next hauler.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Got to good stopping point, Shop warming up nicely and approaching front has Humidity ramping.

Cab and sleeper complete sanded, down to cowl, cowl extensions and hood. Then clean off, and start taping/masking

Not concerned of lower filler panels, have Stainless Covers that go on them, rough will be as hidden as was when got it.
IMG_0330.JPG IMG_0331.JPG IMG_0332.JPG .