• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Readying for the KW

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Started as a Decent morning, pump and tubes up, pan back on, oil back in. Reconnected batteries, and lit it up. just over 20# cold idle then low coolant auto shut down cut in, two gallon after pushed through the whole system. Restarted, still right at 20 so will have to open gear train and go there!!. Left to warm fully, dropped to 10+/- lbs, idle and Low Oil Pr alarm, over 30 at 1400 so definitely still have something dumping flow and gear train is last point of contention. KNEW should have done OOFr OH, is what I get for trying shortcut IFr. Gonna be awhile before can present much else, giving myself a break from it remainder of weekend and this week. Cam does show good bearing flow now.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
So am I. Every fault found so far has been a fact and factor. Should have just pulled the entire block, had it tanked, cleaned maybe even decked then built it. Would have found all the issues at one time. Gear train is next, then if still a problem, scrap dealer.

Truck Shop

Dave-A friend of mine who worked for Cat for 25 years-mainly truck engines said he would read this thread, another set of eyes. Pretty sharp guy
he might notice something overlooked.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Not thinking so.

Gear train is down except the adjustable idler, found no bad bushings, stubs look great. So wild hair blew air back thru first idler stub off the Cluster gear, blows Inside the Crankcase. Pan comes down tomorrow, again, I am tired with a pounding headache. Will pull the plate anyway as have to reseal W/P to plate, will replace all these gaskets. Strange Front Seal, almost as has a dirt lip on the Outside of the wear sleeve, seal and all stayed on crank, pulled out of front cover thru the back.

Beginning to expect a Cracked gallery side in the block.

Old Doug

I fill for you i have rebuilt stuff and had something bad go wrong i didnt fill good about it but i reused the parts after alot of blood sweat and tears i had something good. I hope you find something that can be fixed i wouldnt trust a mechanic that hasnt been through this kind of a deal before. Good luck

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
What appears a hole is a shadow
I got a better light looked closer
All six piston coolers intact, both legs, and can see them all.

I am out of options.