• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Re charge A/c

Vetech63

You can do it that way but you should really hook up a/c gauges to it. If you don't have the proper equipment you can overfill the system which will cause the hi/low switch to constantly kick the system in and out, it can also blow an a/c hose. If the system has air in it, it will need to be drained and vac'd. You have probably lost Freon due to an leak in the system. Look for wetness around the clutch area of the a/c compressor and also the crimp connections on your hoses (these places are the most common). You can get a can of R134 with stop leak in it, but I personally wont use it as it can make the valve plate sticky. On a new system, the low side pressure should run around 30 psi and the high side (on average) will run 7 times the low side (or 210). Small variations may exist depending on the condition of your a/c system. If you have abnormally low or high reading, you will need to find the cause of that problem for the system to work efficiently.

Tim Modine

Why does it need recharging?
Blowing just cool air. Not warm but not cold lol. I put a can in last year and was and fine all summer. I also have the valves closed on the heater hoses. I quess it’s leaking somewhere and should have it checked professionally since I don’t have gauges and don’t really know what I’m doing haha

Tim Modine

You can do it that way but you should really hook up a/c gauges to it. If you don't have the proper equipment you can overfill the system which will cause the hi/low switch to constantly kick the system in and out, it can also blow an a/c hose. If the system has air in it, it will need to be drained and vac'd. You have probably lost Freon due to an leak in the system. Look for wetness around the clutch area of the a/c compressor and also the crimp connections on your hoses (these places are the most common). You can get a can of R134 with stop leak in it, but I personally wont use it as it can make the valve plate sticky. On a new system, the low side pressure should run around 30 psi and the high side (on average) will run 7 times the low side (or 210). Small variations may exist depending on the condition of your a/c system. If you have abnormally low or high reading, you will need to find the cause of that problem for the system to work efficiently.
Thank you sir for the insight.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
And that's before thinking about the condition of the dryer or the accumulator ...........

heymccall

And that's before thinking about the condition of the dryer or the accumulator ...........

I just had a RedDot dryer dump all the desiccant through the system on one of my Takeuchis. Apparently, the desiccant balls are in a bag (that can rupture). Granted, it was a 10k hour machine.