• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

RC30 vs larger machines

motochris

Guess I should have posted my rc30 questions here. Wasn't sure what a "mini" skid steer really was. Pardon my ignorance... :)
Got a line on a decent deal on an ASV rc30 with about 200 hours on it. It's a 2007 Home Depot rental unit so I'm sure it has not been treated as nicely as it could be. Little over 200 hours, been rented 115 times. $9k with a heavy equip trailer.

Never really messed with skid steers much so I have little reference. For homeowner use, moving dirt, using a rock bucket to clean dirt, maybe have to dig a hole big enough to bury a horse in.... Will this machine work well? What do I lose over a bigger machine other that lifting capacity?
I realize the bigger ones will hold a larger bucket which would make for quicker work...

At the price of the above unit... I could find a well used larger unit.
Any input appreciated.

crewchief888

everything i've looked at at HD has been beat up pretty bad, never greased, no PM maint, ect.

a few local HD stores had bobcats for a while, they had never been greased, oil and filters never changed. they kept them until the warranty ran out on them , and dumped them on the used market.

:drinkup