1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Random thoughts

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by Honcho, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Honcho

Honcho Well-Known Member

Folks I dont really see much trouble to mantain bushings it propper time, we here pay much more dear for original backhoe parts cause they come with an extra tax. But it is worth it. Most important is to keep on in your field of business. When your back hoe or operator can do things that other refuse or can not, one becomes a man in demand. Once client hires you, he is gonna give you coupla more clients. Most contractor back hoe operators here are afraid to use a hydraulic hammer cause they care for a boom. I say it is bullshit, as long as it pays, work it. I use hydraulic every week three or more hours, got spoiled only one bushing. the one at the end of the arm. But very often ppl hire me cause I have a hammer and after I finish the job they give smthing else to do. to load the mess, do a crane works.

doublewide and DMiller like this.
  2. Honcho

Honcho Well-Known Member

Happy thanksgiving folks. And do you folks gather wild mashrooms and prepare them as an appetiser. We fry them, make mashroom soup, salt them. freeze,. Many ppl get poisoned and die, but still we do it. My wify is good at it. I can only tell three type of mashroom that are safe to eat. she knows more. загружено (3).jpg загружено (2).jpg загружено.jpg These tree are most popular

aighead and DMiller like this.
  3. Honcho

Honcho Well-Known Member

And also we go to the woods to colect chestnuts, they are best when fried

DMiller likes this.
  4. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    We have Morels and False Morels here, Morels are beige and GREAT light taste when deep fried, Red or False Morels are poisonous and the nitwits STILL collect them eat them and complain of lips tingling go numb, get terribly puking sick. Can harvest Morels, Corals, Oyster and Chicken of the Forest here. The Department of Conservation offers FREE literature to keep from getting sick and the Nitwits ignore as usual.

aighead and Honcho like this.
  5. Honcho

Honcho Well-Known Member

What vehicle do you preffer Ford or Chevrolet?

6. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Neither, why do you ask? I buy affordable, Comfortable and Not DODGE.

7. JL Sargent

JL Sargent Senior Member

Fried Chestnuts? We have a few American Chestnut trees here. You fry them in oil? I have a GMC pickup that I have worked on quite a bit. It has 270K miles on it.
    What's for supper? My wife makes a great seafood gumbo.
    [​IMG]

8. Honcho

Honcho Well-Known Member

Man you made me swallow. Though I wasn t hungry. It was simple today spaghetti n beef sroganoff. Peaces of beef in sauce.

JL Sargent and DMiller like this.
  9. Honcho

Honcho Well-Known Member

Why not dodge?

10. Honcho

Honcho Well-Known Member

11. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    Owned several over the years, Known several owners of them in last ten years, NOT going there. One in ten is worth it, My luck is I get one of the Nine NOT.

Last GOOD Mopar I owned. 1969 W300, I Recabbed to a 1976 Club Cab, NO lift kit as chassis is same as the two tons, Straight Rails.
    383 AFB NP435 main, Divorced NP205 with PTO, 3.73 Dana 70 Rear, Dana 60 Front upgraded to later model brakes.

IMG_E3633.JPG

doublewide, JL Sargent and Honcho like this.
  12. Honcho

Honcho Well-Known Member

I guess it consume 5 gallon of gas per 100ml.

DMiller likes this.
  13. mitch504

mitch504 Senior Member

more like 20 gallons per 100 miles! My 2500 GMC diesel doesn't get but 17 miles per gallon.

I would love to have that old Dodge in just that condition, swap in a mechanical 5.9 and see how the mileage is.

DMiller likes this.
  14. Honcho

Honcho Well-Known Member

I personally don t recognise automatic gearshift. For me mechanik is most reliable, even if it fails to start just give im a good push and it goes. Never mind battary, of generator, plugs or other.

aighead and DMiller like this.
  15. JL Sargent

JL Sargent Senior Member

The new Dodge Ram truck can come equipped with a 10 speed automatic transmission. That is a lot of speeds.

DMiller and Honcho like this.
  16. john hofer

john hofer Well-Known Member

Got an 08 duramax 472k haven't touched the motor yet.

DMiller and Honcho like this.
  17. Welder Dave

Welder Dave Senior Member

You just jinxed yourself.

DMiller likes this.
  18. Honcho

Honcho Well-Known Member

Most popular comercial vehicle in Russia is Ford Transit, while taxi drivers preffer chevrolett cruise. There are very little number of chevrolett vehicles I mean light cargo transporters

DMiller likes this.
  19. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    The old Dodge averaged 14mpg at speed, was a beast off road down in Ozark Country working the old Dry Gladden Creek bottom south of Salem MO. Was little would stop it with less that would slow it down. 383 in low on low side just did not care, plenty of torque and the 26 gal. fuel tank I found off a old UPS Truck in a yard gave me time at work.

Truck was nicknamed the Beast by dear friends of mine!!

Honcho and JL Sargent like this.
  20. JL Sargent

JL Sargent Senior Member

You sir are very lucky. At 300K usually injectors are in order at the least. Any work on transmission?

DMiller likes this.