• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Radio Controlled scale equipment Demo at Cowichan Exhibition grounds

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
I'm not sure if I should be posting this here so if not, Mods please remove it.

A couple friends and I will be putting on a show/demo with our scale logging and construction equipment between 10am and 4pm at the Cowichan Exhibition Grounds this Saturday as part of the fall fair. If anybody wants to stop by and check it out https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/showthread.php?30103-My-scratch-built-RC-s , it would be nice to meet you! You on the island this weekend jackd?

Reg

jackd

Occupation
Airline Mechanic
I'm back in town Reg and after reading this thread, I'm starting to clear the deck so I can hopefully attend this event - I haven't been to a fall fair in many years. I just had a look at your other thread and it gave me the required kick in my backside to get my own things happening. Hope to see you tomorrow.

RCP57

Occupation
That's too bad. It would have been great to meet you! I will post up some pictures on Sunday.

Reg

RCP57

Occupation
i would like to bye 1 how much would it be

Cost would depend on what you are looking for but none of them are cheap. To buy a German production excavator or have something made would cost a minimum of around $7000. A company called RC4WD markets a Chinese excavator for about half the cost but the quality isn't as good. Scratch builds take hundreds of hours to complete and for most of us still require a fair amount of cash investment for hydraulics and electronics. Having said that though, if you wanted one it could be done.

Reg