1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

R9800 working and transport pics

Discussion in 'Excavators' started by Chris5500, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Gavin84w

Gavin84w Senior Member

There HR dept is obviously well in touch with the industry, 152 R9800, impossiible. Since the advent of 800 ton class machines Hitachi may have 20 in the field and Komatsu 50. To have the new player in the market class wise with 152 machines on order when they have maybe 4 in the field i am very doubtful of the number you have been quoted.

2. Nige

Nige Senior Member

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
    Sounds like normal HR bull to me .......... I bet they haven't built 10% of that number for sale on all 5 continents of the World yet.

3. heavyplant6

heavyplant6 Member

h/d fitter
    Thats what the director of the company said they had on there books over the 3 years, it might of been everthing but there shipping me and 4 others this year just to build the 9800's. They have 3 other teams already just building them and are still looking for more people so they must have a good sales team! lol

4. Nige

Nige Senior Member

or be good bull****ters ........... they must be looking for some cheap labour because all I ever came across before building large Liebherr shovels was Frenchmen. Or maybe the Frogs don't go down well in Oz.

5. heavyplant6

heavyplant6 Member

h/d fitter
    Don't think there will be many frogs in Perth! lol many Welsh,Scots , English and plenty of Paddies!!!

6. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Maybe the figure is 152 total machines on the order books?
    I know there are a couple of 9800's, 13 996's and numerous smaller machines on the order books just for Indonesia.

If your building lots of machines you can expect a frenchman or 2 at some point.

7. alco

alco Senior Member

That was my thought on the issue as well Zed. I figure the 152 was a total number of orders, including 9800s, 996s, and so on, and so forth.

Doesn't make much sense that they would have 152 orders for one machine in that size class, when I doubt there are even that many machines that have ever been built in that size class combined.

8. Nige

Nige Senior Member

I agree with both of you. Again it shows how disconnected the HR germs are from life at the "Sharp end".

9. lozenger1967

lozenger1967 Member

busy busy

I might be going to, got medical on bank holiday monday of all days,put me forward for mount thorley or brisbane on build team,or may be they just tell you this to keep you keen, iv heard of lads which went on build team in africa etc went to the factory in france to get familiar with the machines,
    If thats the case while the visa's being sorted why dont they send the lads who are going to oz to France,[on the pay roll of course]?

10. CAT992G

CAT992G Well-Known Member

any new pics of the R9800?

11. CAT992G

CAT992G Well-Known Member

do you have the first pic in better Resolution? I think it´s one of the best R9800 pics at the Internet and i would use it as wallpaper.

12. KMM4x4

KMM4x4 Active Member

Good excavator! In Russia of such excavator if I am not mistaken isn't present.

13. AngleofAttack

AngleofAttack New Member

Surprise surprise......
    FB_IMG_1449843097102.jpg FB_IMG_1449843123626.jpg FB_IMG_1449843131383.jpg FB_IMG_1449843138291.jpg FB_IMG_1449843150717.jpg

14. AngleofAttack

AngleofAttack New Member

and another pics.....
    LIEBHERR R 9800 2.jpg LIEBHERR R 9800 6.jpg LIEBHERR R 9800 9.jpg LIEBHERR R 9800 10.jpg LIEBHERR R 9800 13.jpg

15. RayF

RayF Senior Member

lineborer/welder
    I've been to that mine a few times when they got their first 996's. Have they still got Hitachi's digging there?

16. KMM4x4

KMM4x4 Active Member

Excellent photos!