• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Quickey saw

Old Doug

Or hot saw. I am going to buy a new one and localy there is a Dolmar and husky dealer.There are more husky dealers that is a + whet would you buy?

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Around here we see a lot of Stihl and Husky. I haven’t heard anything bad about Dolmar either.

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Pretty much stihl here also, would be great if they didn't keep getting stolen :(

We do have an old partner 14" that despite it's issues seems to always run when you need it :)

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
95% sthil 4% husky 1% others in my area we have a couple good sthil dealers and one husky so sthil wins.
( disclaimer- there are no concrete numbers to support my percentages, just pulled them out of my azz)

Old Doug

The Dolmar is saxdolmar owned by maketa he all so has a makita saw but it is smaller and has a lot of antivib junk.The resone for these to brands is i have something to trade that i dont want to mess with selling out right.

Old Doug

Last night i loaded up a tiller that i had got that i didnt need and today at 3:30 i went and traded it on a Dolmar Pc7414. I was back at work by 4:10. I think they make 3 sizes i got the middle one.I may have got the smaller one if i could have tryed it out but i didnt like all the antivib mounts it had.I ask a amish buddy that has a concrete buisness he has 2 and said they were lighter than most saws. If its like most things i think adout buying for along time then finally get it will be very handy.

Old Doug

Its been hot but i used the saw. I had several things that were needing down sized or seperated before i could haul them off and the saw is faster and easyer than a torch on small or thin things. I cane see that it will be something i wount be with out from now on.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I bought a husky in 2013 and it's still cutting today - only had to replace the carb due to crappy ethanol. It's been a great saw and I'll buy one again.

Our Stihl at 3 years old has only broke the recoil starter - one of the fins on the little aluminum cup broke off.

Many moons ago we had a Makita. I threw the box of parts away a couple of months ago after the box sat in the shop for 8 years.

My vote is Husky, Stihl 2nd and run from a Makita.