• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Quick Attach Plate for an Older Backhoe?

HandLogger

Occupation
Forest Land Management
We own a 2003 CAT 420D and we would really like to avail ourselves to some of the quick-attach style attachments that are presently available.

Does anyone on the board know of a company that manufactures a "conversion plate" that will allow owners of older loaders to use quick-attach attachments?

In other words, I'd like to know if anyone is aware of a "pin-on" plate that will temporarily replace our loader bucket. The clamshell bucket that is currently on the machine is very useful, so we don't want to permanently lose it with any [potential] conversion.

Thanks for your time,
HandLogger

JDOFMEMI

I believe the factory quick attach is a pin on that replaces the bucket. I would suggest looking for one of them. Try used attachment dealers. One I use is TE Deloss in Barstow CA. http://delossmachinery.com/

He has a lot of items, and sometimes ends up with the quick attach set ups.