• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Quick attach grapple pictures

John DiMartino

Super Moderator
Occupation
Greenskeeper/mechanic
I got some pics of my skid steer with the used grapple i recently picked up. My son was running the Cat ,and moving logs around with me last weekend in my back yard.The grapple works great,and im impressed with the lift capacity of the 246.The machine has become very important to me,Ive only had it 6 months,dont know how i went so long with it.

Attachments

• cats2009 021.jpg
    cats2009 021.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 565
  • cats2009 026.jpg
    cats2009 026.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 572

John DiMartino

Super Moderator
Occupation
Greenskeeper/mechanic
Look at how nicely my husqvarna powrbox fits the opening of the grapple.It actually fits in tightly,and doesnt move,like it was meant for it!
With the attachment,I was able to log out a big pile of log length firewood for next yr in a matter of a few hours,I think I have enough for next yr.

Attachments

• cats2009 027.jpg
    cats2009 027.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 559
  • wood2009 031.jpg
    wood2009 031.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 547
  • wood2009 016.jpg
    wood2009 016.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 585

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Grapple

I have the same grapple and love it, I also have a conventional grapple that I use to rack for roots and haul logs. These are great attachments thanks for sharing the pics.

Timark80

I'm in the market for a root grapple for the t320.
What brand do you have?

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I got some pics of my skid steer with the used grapple i recently picked up. My son was running the Cat ,and moving logs around with me last weekend in my back yard.The grapple works great,and im impressed with the lift capacity of the 246.The machine has become very important to me,Ive only had it 6 months,dont know how i went so long with it.

If you maintain land, do clearing, or even demolition; the grapple is probably one of the best tools you can add to your attachment arsenal for your skidloader. I know several tree cutting guys who don't go on a tree drop job without their skidloader and grapple to clean up the limbs and shove them in the chipper. They all say the same thing; "I don't know why I worked so long without it." :)

bill5362

Occupation
I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
Manufactures

I have a Skid steer solutions like in the pics above. I also have a like in the pics below I use it for logs and large objects.

Attachments

• exroot1s.jpg
    exroot1s.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 483

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
Next to my bucket, I think my grapple rake is my most versatile tool. I do a lot of work in the woods, it collects firewood like John shows, can uproot small trees and brush, scrape and collect sod, load scrap metal and lumber, and even pick up rocks. The list is endless.

John, I can't tell from the picture, but make sure the pins to the two comb halves have the retaining bolts in place. Mine didn't and I didn't notice until one pin popped out. I had to monkey with the thing a while to get it back in.

T_S_S

Occupation
Owner , Total Site Solutions
Own 2 bobcat root grapples and dont know how i ever worked without one before.

Attachments

• 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 505