1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Quick attach grapple pictures

Discussion in 'Showtime!' started by John DiMartino, Mar 5, 2009.

1. John DiMartino

John DiMartino Super Moderator

Greenskeeper/mechanic
    I got some pics of my skid steer with the used grapple i recently picked up. My son was running the Cat ,and moving logs around with me last weekend in my back yard.The grapple works great,and im impressed with the lift capacity of the 246.The machine has become very important to me,Ive only had it 6 months,dont know how i went so long with it.

Attached Files:

2. John DiMartino

John DiMartino Super Moderator

Greenskeeper/mechanic
    Look at how nicely my husqvarna powrbox fits the opening of the grapple.It actually fits in tightly,and doesnt move,like it was meant for it!
    With the attachment,I was able to log out a big pile of log length firewood for next yr in a matter of a few hours,I think I have enough for next yr.

Attached Files:

3. bill5362

bill5362 Senior Member

I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
    Grapple

I have the same grapple and love it, I also have a conventional grapple that I use to rack for roots and haul logs. These are great attachments thanks for sharing the pics.

4. Timark80

Timark80 Well-Known Member

I'm in the market for a root grapple for the t320.
    What brand do you have?

5. willie59

willie59 Administrator

Service Manager

If you maintain land, do clearing, or even demolition; the grapple is probably one of the best tools you can add to your attachment arsenal for your skidloader. I know several tree cutting guys who don't go on a tree drop job without their skidloader and grapple to clean up the limbs and shove them in the chipper. They all say the same thing; "I don't know why I worked so long without it." :)

6. bill5362

bill5362 Senior Member

I own a excavation company and a rolloff container
    Manufactures

I have a Skid steer solutions like in the pics above. I also have a like in the pics below I use it for logs and large objects.

Attached Files:

7. Steve Frazier

Steve Frazier Founder Staff Member

Next to my bucket, I think my grapple rake is my most versatile tool. I do a lot of work in the woods, it collects firewood like John shows, can uproot small trees and brush, scrape and collect sod, load scrap metal and lumber, and even pick up rocks. The list is endless.

John, I can't tell from the picture, but make sure the pins to the two comb halves have the retaining bolts in place. Mine didn't and I didn't notice until one pin popped out. I had to monkey with the thing a while to get it back in.

8. T_S_S

T_S_S Well-Known Member

Owner , Total Site Solutions
    Own 2 bobcat root grapples and dont know how i ever worked without one before.

Attached Files:

• 118.jpg
      118.jpg
      File size:
      45.4 KB
      Views: