• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Question:Grader bounce and duck walk

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
Randy gave very good technical advice.

I'm betting it's your tires. Over the past twenty years I've had two sets of tires that bounced, nothing fixed it except replacing the tires, both sets were Firestone Bias Ply.

My current grader is on 17.5 Micheln Radials. I absolutely can't push snow in fifth gear, must either use fourth or sixth. I prefer sixth, 7.2 mph, very rarely bounces and then only when on a hill and the speed drops into the 6 mph range.

Sadly, in your case you can't seem to find anything other than snail pace that works. Been there, that really sucks. In the governmental world that you and I live in, it's hard to sell them on a new set of tires when there's nothing wrong with the ones you have.

And none operators always say go slower, but get my road cleared first. :)