• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Question for the welders

Bumpsteer

Occupation
Mechanical designer
Been doing some shop cleanup/cleanout.

Don't recall where I got this, or why, but it's an inert gas regulator, new in the box.

What welding application would use this? Secondary side pressures are high for general mig or tig use. I'm at a loss.

Ed

Attachments

• reg1.jpg
    reg1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 481

2grit

I cannot read the gauges well on your picture. Does the secondary gauge read as PSI or KPA? If it is KPA it would make sense because 30 PSI is approx. 200 KPA

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
It can be used for any inert gas but I've used that type of regulator for charging accumulators and suspension struts. That one looks a little low for the struts though. Since you just found it you likely don't have much use for it. Last one I bought a bunch of years ago ran somewhere north of $100.

lantraxco

I miss the days when nothing had metric.

Amen brother... when it comes to volume and pressures... is it liters, gallons, cc's, cubic inches... and pressure.. PSI, KPA, Kg/cm3, BAR? I spend half my time converting crap to gallons, PSI, inches.....