• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Question for Crane Operator or ????

crane operator

There's about 50 more people there than they really needed. Looked like way too many bosses for me. Notice how everyone was out of the work area?

Thanks for posting the video digger.

Did you also see everyone scurrying around looking for a tag rope when they were on it with just the blue/ white crane. He broke ground on the nose and it started twisting around toward his boom and everyone took off.

Tradesman

Occupation
Contractor
[QUOTE="crane operator,

Thanks for posting the video digger.

Did you also see everyone scurrying around looking for a tag rope when they were on it with just the blue/ white crane. He broke ground on the nose and it started twisting around toward his boom and everyone took off.[/QUOTE]

ya I know my arse puckered up just like if I was in the seat myself.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Looked like way too many bosses for me. Notice how everyone was out of the work area?

The part I really liked was when they all lined up for the group photo, at around 14:30 and again at around 15:00. Hard to tell how far removed from that 90,000 # suspended load they were....

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Sure seemed to be a lot of people standing around with their hands in their pockets. It was also a little different to see some army people there carrying weapons? I was also wondering why fire hoses were being used to wash out mud on the internals of the engine and sides of the plane. What few accident investigations I've been a part of, nothing was done except by the investigators.