• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Question for AC work out in the field

IdahoDoug12

Hello,
Ag Field tech here. Trying to figure out a cost effective solution that also meets all the regulations to a issue. So I carry a RECOVERY only machine in the truck, discharge a system into the recovery bottle. Now what do I do with the R134a? From everything I've read for mobile AC systems the refrigerant must be recycled before it can be used again. I know there are exceptions for stationary systems and if your doing the work for your self. Can I use a shop Recovery/recycle station to recover out of the bottle? How to make sure that the r134 is then "clean" so I an feel good about putting it back into another customers machine? I know there are companies that recycle but there is none in the region and I imagine the cost of shipping, and having enough bottles would get pretty high to send it out.
Anybody got a good solution?