• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

QUALITY FARM SUPPLY - BUYER BEWARE

hosspuller

Why insane ? Seems a straight forward mistake in packaging. It's how a seller responds to problems that count. No response in 48 hours....

I bought a valve kit from a Deere dealer several states away. (Obsolete parts) Was missing a few bolts & pieces. Got an immediate reply and parts in several days.

I would not take a chance on "Quality Farm supply" for my purchases.

Delmer

Watch out Vetech, didn't you notice he's hiring a lawyer, and a GOOD ONE!

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Why continue to fool with them. Just stop by a tire store and get what you need. Many of those mail order firms are terrible to deal with on returns. Just ask my wife. She is cured of the "mail order disease".

Tarhe Driver

Occupation
Comm. Real Est Appraiser-Retired cargo/helo pilot
IMHO any supplier with the word "Farm" or "Tractor" in their name should be regarded with suspicion, because in general farmers are not renowned for demanding quality. YMMV.

Nige, my Dear Sir, you are undoubtedly correct, but I suspect that the profit margins on farming are far thinner than are real H.E. operations. I am the child of depression-era subsistence-farm parents, and their lack was strongly imprinted on me. Thank you, hugely, for your contributions to this forum, which provide value around the world.

DIYDAVE

IIRR, Quality farm supply is the remnants (dregs) of the old central tractor co, that went bust years ago. If its the same co, I think its in Iowa, somewhere. You'd do better ordering offa amazon or google... Trouble with most farm stores, is that selling tractor parts aint as profitable as it uster be, so they tries to compete wif wal-mart, selling clothes, and pet food, with bubble gum popping kids as sales people, they don't know sh!t about what they are selling.
For Nuts, bolts and hardware I go to Mcmaster-carr. For V-belts, I use the vbeltguys, for some things I can't get nowheres else, I will sometimes use agrisupply.com

crane operator

If I got that worked up, every time something I ordered was wrong, I would have stroked out years ago. I don't think posting a youtube on it is probably the best solution, or best use of time to get the right stuff.

They buy in bulk from china, I'm sure they never look at the packages, they are just wholesaling the stuff. Pitch it, send it back, whatever, I think ranting it about it on youtube is probably the biggest waste of time you could have done, instead of actually trying to reorder the right stuff.

Head for a local shop- ag/ construction or/ truck parts place, where you can hold both pieces in your hand and fit them together. Ordering online is the alternative, and then you take what they send you.

If mispackaged lug nuts is all it takes to send you around the corner, you need more vacation time. :)

tracing

TO THEIR CREDIT, QUALITY FARM SUPPLY ISSUED A REFUND IN FULL FOR THE ENTIRE ORDER, IF I COULD DELETE OR RENAME THIS THREAD I WOULD.