• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Purus 15w40?

Jonas302

Its a house brand type oil I've used many thousand gallons of it with out complaint YMMV

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
I think maybe Citgo is a producer for a lot of that???? I bought some from the jobber a while back about 1/2 the cost of Ursa.

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
Some of the jobbers bucket their own. A local outfit here pumps a bunch of 5 gallon buckets full for sales. I am not sure a;; the brands they stock, they used to be pretty much Texaco but ended up with some Chevron grease and Citgo oil thru them. The URSA is the same Class as the Delo or the T5.
Changing some use patterns save a lot of fuel and oil and extended use and got rid of a couple oil burners has made bulk or barrel les atractive and fishing for some sales along the way is about as practical to use smaller packaging. I havnt bought a barrel in 20 yrs.

Sberry

Occupation
Farmer
I was trying to think the last time I change oil in something? I got 1 I have to do but its 4 1/2 qts and got another relic I might change. Its 10. and come to think of it a bulldozer could stand it. I was tempted to do a valve job to it for sport, prolly 50 yrs, runs good, uses some oil. Not pressing enuf to fix.