• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Purchased a truck today, first investment in my soon to be new business...

Stroker

This may be putting the cart before the horse. But it's a risk Im willing to take. Im hoping to get started with a few construction debris contracts from a friend of mines construction company which is why I got it. I already have a 16,000 pound deck over trailer and an F-350. I plan to rent everything else I need until if and when I have enough business to justify purchasing...

1995 Ford L7000
Brand new Godwin 16ft dump, new Godwin dual cylinder hoist, new tarp
Reman Cummins 5.9 and Allison Auto, both with about 80k on them. Trucks total miles are around 290k...
Brand new Michelins up front. Rears are around 60%.. no recaps
Air brakes, air ride seat.

It was a produce delivery truck in its previous life. Pictures don't do it justice. Very well taken care of and clean. If it works out, fine. If not, from my experience looking for trucks like this over the past few weeks, it shouldn't be too hard to sell... Keeping my fingers crossed.

Attachments

• ford_l_dump.jpg
    ford_l_dump.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:

Cat420

Occupation
Construction, small engine and machine shop work
Very nice and with an air horn too :) , just like a real truck should have. There's just something about an f-800 sized truck with a wimpy horn only that isn't right. Good luck with it.

cat320

Charter Member
Nice truck nothing like sitting in one of those l series cabs very nice. you get that from royal truck equipment? what did that run about $16K

Stroker

cat320 said:
Nice truck nothing like sitting in one of those l series cabs very nice. you get that from royal truck equipment? what did that run about $16K

Close, I paid 18k for it. A tad bit more than I was hoping to get him down on the price. But something inside me says it is worth it. Of all the trucks I have looked at over the past few weeks, this was definatly the cleanest and appeared to be the most kept up of all of them. The picture really doesn't do it justice. The mileage is high, even for a big truck. But I couldn't find anything on the walk around or the test drive. So we will see how things go....

I purchased it from a heavy truck repair shop in Southern Virginia. They specialize in propane and other tanker trucks. On the side they purchase trucks, fix them up, and sell them. The fact they are a repair shop made me feel a little bit better since I would assume they would keep a better eye out for mechanichal issues than the typical used truck lot.