• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Problems with Case 721D

Copenhagen

I was moving snow today and the engine started overheating. Started checking things out and the fan wasnt running. I beleive it is hydraulicly driven so I am not sure what the problem is.

After I let the engine cool down for a while, I pushed up one more pile and the parking brake came on automatically and it wont shut off. Now I have an overheating machine that wont move.

Thank goodness it is a rental, Neff is on their way to fix it.

Great way to start the day!!

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
I'm betting $10 on fuses. Keep us informed. Our Cat 216 skid steer dropped a fuse one day and it was the one for the radiator fan, machine overheated every 10 minutes.

Copenhagen

I'm betting $10 on fuses. Keep us informed. Our Cat 216 skid steer dropped a fuse one day and it was the one for the radiator fan, machine overheated every 10 minutes.

PM me for my address. I accept cash only, no checks. Especially from you operator types!! I know they are red hot! :cussing

I took the skid to clear a driveway while Neff was on their way down. As soon as I was done, I figured I would try the loader one more time. I fired it up and let it sit for a few minutes. Everything worked just fine.

I dont know what it was but as far as I can tell the outside temperature must of had something to do with it. It was about 10 degrees that morning and about 35 when I tried it the second time.