• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Problem with VC60D no movement

FastZcars

I posted the first time in the wrong forum, so I will try my issue posted here..

Problem with Cat VC60D forklift

My lifttruck all the sudden will not go in reverse or forward. I think it is electrical or maybe that inching petal.

I removed the fuse cover on the steering cover and all the fuses appear fine. I checked the electrical connectors for being tight and no corrosion.

there is plenty of oil in the tank and the front diff / transmission. Hyd pump sounds like normal.

I never put my foot on that inching petal because I have read so many bad things on here about it. I only use the brake petal next to the gas petal. I dont know however, there might be a switch in that inching petal that releases the trans from gear. I cannot fine it. I had moved 2 months ago and I cannot find my manuals to my fork lift.

thanks

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Been a long time since I've worked on a Cat forklift, but most inching pedals are linkage controlling a spool in a valve body on tranny. If you remove the floor board you should be able to located the inching spool and check the operation of linkage and spool. All the inching pedal spool does is dump oil pressure that engages fwd/rev clutch packs of tranny. I have seen some inching pedal configurations that use a switch to activate a solenoid valve to dump clutch pack oil pressure, but I kinda doubt a Cat of that vintage uses a switch, most likely a spool with linkage, but I can't be certain about that.

FastZcars

I have no idea what the issue was. I checked the movement status every day for 3 days, and all the sudden it is working again. Something electrical for sure.