• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Problem with JD 850 dozer

justin_fed

Sorry no new thread but please help!!

We have a John Deere 850 dozer that will not move. The engine runs, but tracks will not go. They have replaced the Pump, Main Selector valve and Transmission "Blocks" (?) Does anyone have any info they could provide? This is Justin's wife writing he is out on the job beating his head against a tree!! Thanks so much!

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Our newest member, justin fed, has a dozer problem, as described above. (Post moved here from it's original location.)

(He has a dozer problem, but with a wife who''ll go posting on HEF for him, life can't be that bad.) BTW, welcome to the forums, Mr and Mrs. Justin! :)

Last edited:

jboettcher

justin's wife

Justin's wife
There are more knowlegable people here than me, but I did have a somewhat similar problem on my 555A. However it was only one track that would not move. I had a hydrolic hose ruptured on the right clutch pack. This involves taking the top off (for you) both sides to check. I would be skeptical though as it seems odd that both hoses would rupture at the same time. I would suspect a common problem which would be "no" pressure to either side. ie' a pump? I'll follow this problem because I've always wanted to own a 850. Good luck.

Myassitis from Missouri

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF justin_fed and wife! :D :drinkup

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to HEF OneWelder! :drinkup