• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PRIME MOVER JOHN DEERE LD50

soapstoneguy

Hey guys,
I have a prime mover ld50...originally made by john deere but they sold the rights to the company prime mover who apparently went out of business. Anyway, this machine is great except it started getting stuck in the forward position, then it got stuck in the reverse position, then it was working fine then started doing the 'getting stuck forward' thing. Anyway, I found a parts manual for this thing but can't seem to find anything in the way of finding parts for this. I'm looking for a Neutral Control Assembly according to the parts manual. I'll attach the parts manual...
You'll find this exact part on pg. 140 (about half way to 5/8 down the entire document) and the spring in question that we were looking at is part number 23. The Neutral Control Assembly is part number F9510482-2001 OR 200526.
The spring part number is F9801931 or 202330.

Anyway, if anyone can help I would REALLY APPRECIATE it as I can't seem to find a part for it. I'll attach a picture of the machine.

Attachments

• Prime loader LD50 parts.PDF
    8.9 MB · Views: 39
  • 20170327_131959.jpg
    20170327_131959.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 42

DKB

A little late, but better than never. The Prime Mover LD-50 is a small brute, weighing 6,600 pounds. There were 3 engine options. All steel and no plastic parts. Built for heavy usage, but like anything else it will eventually show its age and parts have to be replaced. Due to the age of the machine, you may be better off replacing the entire hydrostatic pump itself, especially if the machine is going slow. And it's worth spending the money. I still got an LD-5O with the Deere 3164D engine I bought about 10 years ago very cheap. Been restoring it a little at a time and right now I'm tackling the biggest problem myself because of labor cost. I'm replacing the Hydrostatic pump (which includes the neutral control assy. The pump model is Sundstrand Sauer 22-2069) I'm replacing it because it finally died. It's a pain in butt to get everything removed just to get access to the pump but I'm getting there. Next I have to get the oil cooler (EATON A-31016) cleaned out to cover the warranty on the pump and replace the filters. When installing a REMAN Hydrostatic pump, it's important to flush out the entire system and clean the tank strainer. Equally important is using the correct Hydraulic fluid (GL-5 TRACTOR hyd. fluid). You mention the neutral control assy. Mine went out about a year ago but I kept using it because the pump itself was leaking everywhere. (as was everything else). I knew the pump was shot because the speed kept getting slower and slower then stopped going in reverse. If the machine seems to go slower and slower, the pump is dying. Small articulating machines like this are hard to find and it's served me well so anyone that has one should just keep it repaired. Most mechanical parts can be found fairly easy because Prime Mover company didn't make the parts. Several parts are supplied by companies still in business used on other machines. (just learn how to repair it yourself and save a lot of money) I recently painted the machine. Other repairs include replacing all the hub bearings and hub seals, replaced several hydraulic hoses, had all the hydraulic cylinders rebuilt, installed new transmission seals, new u-joints, new altenator, and new radiator. Luckily I have the complete catalog of parts for everything on this machine. The one item I still need to repair is replacing the bushings on the articulating pins. Not sure where to find them yet, but they're out there somewhere. Also the steering control valve (Char-Lynn D-30318) is a little leaky but not bad. Those are pretty common.

Last edited: