• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Priestman Mustang

jensham

As a newby I cannot open a new thread but I really need an answer to the following and as the most knowledgeable group of guys I know I would appreciate your help.
I am unable to apply the brake to my Priestman Mustang number A1957 .
I depress the pedal which stays down but the brake is not applied.
Having said that something happens because my steering is partially disabled.
I cannot find a manual for the machine so I am not aware of what actually happens by pressing the brake.
I can excavate at 90 degrees to the tracks of course but that is not always convenient and digging isn't as stable.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

tctractors

The brakes are set on every time you let off the track drive control, when you use the excavator arm the brakes are in the set position, The brakes on the Mustang are a bit crap,they sound like they need adjusting, Belville washers (domed washers) hold the brake in the on position, these are often broken up, its easy to find them they are inside a small chamber held with 4 bolts with a pipe conected, 1 chamber for each side by the track drive motors,
tctractors

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
Welcome to Heavy Equipment Forums jensham! :drinkup