• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

pricing a new holland ls 160

cat320

Charter Member
I saw a used LS 160 for sale near me at a local dealer it's a 2000 with what they say is a 170 hours I saw 297 when i sat in the machine it has a cab with heat regular bucket with new tires for the great proce of $22,500 . Now I called a new holland dealer for the same spec machine that is new no hours for $22,300 .Now which is the best deal LOL I asked the sales person if they would do beter on the price and they said no and the heater looks to be an after thought and not original .

mert0714

Charter Member
Sounds like the dealer made too good of a trade with that machine. Now they are trying to cover the oops. Maybe they will find a fool. Some years back we had an aftermarket heater placed in a skid loader cab and it worked so good that you could plow snow in 30 below temps in your shorts. You wouldn't know that till you sat in the old machine for 10 minutes and tried it. Must be a $3000 heater???:D If you were seriously looking, I would consider the new one for the fact of factory or dealer installed cab/heater and the warranty that goes with it. May have less problems also??