• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

price per hour cat 277

lgammon

well we had 236 for years and then last spring bought a 277b. got a call to day from a guy telling us to get that machine off his job, that it costs to much. we charge 75 per hour for it and we got 60 for the 236. we we are on a big new home construction site and dad is loading the mack with the 943 at the bottom of the hill...500-600feet away and hauling it to me as i push it over with the skid. we charge for the 943 at 85 and give him the truck cause dad is running both. i think he is getting a fair rate what do you guys think. i guess we will park the skid and i will load the truck and let dad drive and then charge him for both, and then push over with the 943 which will take even more time. and we charge 70 for the truck too.

seems that he will pay more this way and we sill have to spend more time on his job but i just couldn't get this in his head

JDOFMEMI

Your rate seems pretty cheap already.
If you run the 236 for 60, then 75 is good for the 277, as it can cost nearly 15 per hour to keep the undergear up in good shape.
I with John above, do as he says, and he will see the error in his way when the first ticket gets signed. He will probably want the 277 back then, but hold fast on the rate, or you will lose $$ with the track machine

T_S_S

Occupation
Owner , Total Site Solutions
Is the builder in full understanding that you will now be charging him for the truck? Is this the same builder you charged $60 an hour for the 236? He obviously does not understand prices. Charge him for the truck, dont rush the job too much and take in the extra cash.
Good luck

hadley

or you could just leave the job and let him find out the hard way what expensive is. it will cost him more to find someone else. typically a builder like that is a bad long term customer. its tough to say no to anything right now, but the cheap contractors will also run out of work. difference is they are cheap BECAUSE they need the work and can't afford not to have it. eventually the tortoise will win the race. this is one bad race though

John DiMartino

Super Moderator
Occupation
Greenskeeper/mechanic
I think your cheap on the 277,that puppy is $ upfront,and the tracks/bottoms cost a fortune compared to the 236! Is the 277 a lot more productive than the 236 was with what your doing? Id do as he says,but like you said charge for the truck after.

Lobell355

Occupation
Property Manager
Just did some repairs on my 277. Thing is a bloody fortune once you start messing up any part of the tracks. Your price seems really fair.

Johnson23

any body know where to get a good price on a set of rubber tracks to fit a 2006 cat 277B.? I have checked around and they seem to be coming down because of the pation. sorry for the interuption I dont know how to post a question or get around on this form