• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Prefered brand of 72" or 78" dirt bucket?

Mark13

I'm looking to buy a new 72" or 78" dirt bucket for my ctl. I've currently got an 80" bucket which is turning out to be a huge pita to find edges for. Very few stock an 82" edge and the ones that do have a different bolt pattern then my bucket. I've been looking at Berlon buckets which are made about an hour and a half from me and the dealer network is huge around here for them. Is there another brand I should look at which would have a more standardized size and bolt pattern for edges? Around here 75% of what I see is Berlon, the occasional FFC, Virnig, or machine branded (Case/Cat/Deere,etc) buckets. What's your guys thoughts or experiences with buckets and what to check for when buying?

joispoi

How big of a job would it be to change the bolt pattern on your bucket to accept the cutting edges that are available to you?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
I have been running a Cat bucket on my T250 for several years. Before the first paint was wore off, we welded old D5G cutting edges on the bottom. I run mainly toothed buckets and was tired of replacing buckets due to the non-changeable (well with our a torch and welder) cutting edge between the shanks.

The solution was to buy a new smooth lip bucket with a replaceable cutting edge. We found some Cat backhoe shanks and trimmed them to fit the profile of the bucket and welded them on. Now I have a skid steer bucket where we can replace the cutting edge and never wear the bucket out between the shanks.

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

AlldayRJ

Any feedback on versatech? The name sounds familiar but i cant find a website for them? Found a brand new one on craigslist

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Any feedback on versatech? The name sounds familiar but i cant find a website for them? Found a brand new one on craigslist

RJ, during my 4 in1 search, I wasn't ever able to find out who actually builds Versatech. Lot's of there product around, but who knows?