• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Powerscreen Belt Problem

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Got a call on Friday concerning a Powerscreen Chiefton 1400. The two side belts are apparently powered together and are surging. The caller has checked all the stuff on the belts themselves; load on each, clean drive and tail wheels, tracking and so on. Asked me about the hydraulics. I tried looking up info on the machine and get very little. No books available that I can find. Caller doesn't know if they even have a parts book. Ad material says cast iron pumps and motors which I assume are gear pumps but could be vane pumps. Caller says the belts are variable speed but doesn't know if the motors are plumbed in series or parallel. I suspect some kind of split on the supply side control valve with either a priority valve or flow control.

Any information would be highly appreciated.