• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

PowerHeavyEquipment.com?

Hi there,
First post here. What a wealth of information!

I am in the process of purchasing a backhoe from PowerHeavyEquipment.com. I have never purchased anything cross border (I am from BC, Canada), and am very hesitant of doing anything online.

Does anybody have any dealings with the above company? I looked online and couldn't find a much. They are Copyrighted 2022, which also has me concerned.

Thanks in advance!

skadill

Hi there,
First post here. What a wealth of information!

I am in the process of purchasing a backhoe from PowerHeavyEquipment.com. I have never purchased anything cross border (I am from BC, Canada), and am very hesitant of doing anything online.

Does anybody have any dealings with the above company? I looked online and couldn't find a much. They are Copyrighted 2022, which also has me concerned.

Thanks in advance!
Prices seem just 'Too Good"

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
There location looks a little shady, if you check them out on Google Maps. I think I would get an independent equipment inspector to go check it out, and they can see it in person. If they are legit, I bet they are just some broker working out of an office with a phone and computer. Be very careful.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
I bet they wanted a cashiers check sent to citybank in NYC, no credit cards or pay pal hmmm. 2 guys at my last place of employment got scammed probably from the same scumbags in Iceland. If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

I haven't given any information yet thankfully but did contact them via email. Hopefully it all works out and I don't get hacked in some fashion.
I did a lot of digging and 99% sure its a scam. I was surprised at the amount of effort that was put into the website.

cosmaar1

I haven't given any information yet thankfully but did contact them via email. Hopefully it all works out and I don't get hacked in some fashion.
I did a lot of digging and 99% sure its a scam. I was surprised at the amount of effort that was put into the website.

The first thing about a scam…. Make it seem as legit as possible. It’s not hard nowadays to spend a few hours and make it seem like you are the largest equipment dealer in North America.

Tinkerer

99% sure it is a scam ? I'm 100% sure it is.
It doesn't take a lot of effort into building websites that look legitimate by anyone that knows how to do it.
There are fortunes to be made from those websites.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Buying a used piece of heavy equipment is a near certain heartache in the best circumstance. Buying sight unseen is worse.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
The web site provided a list of names and their photos. It's easy and cheap to run a background check on the names and photos they have provided. Many times names and backgrounds will show up with just a word search.

joe--h

I was surprised at the amount of effort that was put into the website.

To steal thousands of dollars? Every day of the week people are scamming on Craigslist, selling things they don't have to gullible fools. It works or they wouldn't be doing it.

That website cost them nothing compared to what you might have sent them.

Joe H

JD955SC

That’s a scam. If it seems the least bit shady it’s a scam.

Scammers create websites, “resurrect” closed businesses, clone websites, steal photos, etc all in the effort to seem legit and they are wildly successful.

Key markers are odd websites, demanding payment in money orders or other unusual forms of payment, asking for deposits to “hold” an item, absurdly low prices on popular items, etc.

Trust nothing and no one. There are legitimate online equipment businesses but there are a lot more scammers trolling for suckers to come along and bite the hook.