• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Power Screen 725

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I've got a new project for next week. I've got to get the engine in this trommel screen plant running. It says Cat but screens Perkins. I've got a Baldwin number for the engine oil filter but need to know what is in the canister for the fuel filters. I'd also like to know if this is a mechanical injected or common rail. Below is a photo of the engine and its tag. As always, any info is appreciated.
Thanks

IMG_1678 copy.jpg

IMG_1677 copy.jpg

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Engine model is a 3054C Industrial, Serial Number prefix is allegedly 334.
Attached the breakdown of the FIP & Lines (there are a few listed, to get the right one would need the S/No). Also the Fuel System Operation FWIW.

Attachments

• FIP & Lines Gp.pdf
    272.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Fuel System Operation.pdf
    170.1 KB · Views: 5

John C.

Occupation
Thanks a ton for that info Nige. You gave me far more than the local Cat dealer provided. The twenty something year old parts guys wouldn't do much of anything without a serial number.

I tried to get the serial number but it seems it is on the side of the engine next to the hydraulic tank and I haven't been able to remove an eyeball and hold it down on that side to even confirm that it is there. The fuel water separator has been disconnected and by passed so I am figuring on having to replace that fuel filter in the near future.

The machine has been sitting for about three years and the owner wanted to get it running to use. I got it operational last week and he was going to move it this week.

John C.

Occupation
I certainly appreciate that you provided the effort that the newbies at the dealership couldn't be bothered to find.