• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Power generation

Blue924.9

Hello all, does anyone have experience working on power generation equipment? I have the opportunity to switch from ag and construction to solely power generation. I would assume cat brand but then again ziegler works on all sorts of trucks as well so it could be all brands.

Info hints and tips are welcome. Thanks

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
I work in EPG in my own shop with a couple of guys. I like the work. But you have to understand computers and how they behave. Both engine and genset controllers and the laptop that you have to fight into submission to get to work. I am told those who work for big shops they are in such demand they will run you from dawn till dark if they let you. Everything is far apart up some mountain or something like that. Usually you have to make it work that night or else the whole world will stop turning or something.