• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Posting:

OCR

Occupation
Rancher/Farmer, Wildland Fire Fighter, State snowp
Here's the question for HEO Girl, or anybody else, for that matter.

I've noticed that a lot of the time (most) when I type a post, the right hand margin doesn't seem to appear the same after I actually submit the post, as it did when I typed it up in the text box.

Hard for me to explain, but the text, or sentence, is uneven on the right. I let the word wrap, or whatever it's termed, start a new line, but I end up with a few words on a new line, and then I get a new line with just a few words above it. It even looks proper when I preview the post, but when I submit it, I'll have a sentence that goes the full length, and the next one might only go about a third of the way to the right margin, and then drop down and start a new line.

I've even edited some posts by cutting and pasting, but that's hard to do because I can't see what it will look like until I save the changes.

This post looks fine on the preview so I hit submit and see what shows up.

I guess if you can even figure out what I'm to say, that'll be a start. LOL

OCR

Last edited:

OCR

Occupation
Hmmm, that looks fine... :confused:

But they always start when you call the mechanic... :rolleyes:

OCR

Last edited:

HEO Girl

Here, there, and everywhere in Maine and beyond
Occupation
Fence & Guardrail Installation
Hmmm I'm trying to make a visual of what your talkin about in my head but it doesn't seem to be working well. . .

So you mean when you start typin and your sentence gets to the end and it starts another line because it can't continue on in one line forever, that it gets messed up?

Have you ever just let it start a new line on its own when you are typing? You don't always need to hit the enter button it will just carry on to the next line by itself.

Next time it does it could you leave it like that so I can get what ur sayin?

This is what I'm pictureing:
"It even looks proper when I preview the post, but when I submit it, I'll have a sentence that goes the full length, and the next one
might only go about a third of the way to the right margin, and then drop down and start a new line."

Things always look different after you have submitted them. That sentence I posted above looks like this right now as I am typing it:
"It even looks proper when I preview the post, but when I submit it, I'll
have a sentence that goes the full length, and the next one might only go
about a third of the way to the right margin, and then drop
down and start a new line."

but when I submit it it looks like this:
"It even looks proper when I preview the post, but when I submit it, I'll have a sentence that goes the full length, and the next one might only go about a third of the way to the right margin, and then drop down and start a new line."

So if this seems to be the problem the only solution I can think of is don't hit enter when you need to start a new line . . Just let it start a new line on it's own. Unless of course you actually want to start a new line, if so then you can hit enter.
Example Hitting Enter:
"So this would be sentence number 1."(I hit enter after this sentence)
"This would be sentence number 2 after I hit enter."

Example NOT Hitting Enter:
"So this would be sentence number 1. (I'm not going to hit enter this time) This would be sentence number 2 without hitting enter." (it started a new line automatically when I ran out of space)

Last edited:

diggerop

Occupation
Plant operator, coal mining/ 25 years
It's probably got everything to do with your screen size and browser window. I have an Imac and using firefox at the moment and I can, and assume most browsers, adjust the size of the page by click and drag the bottom right hand corner, thats the 3 little lines right in the corner. Another good feature of the Imac is taking screen shots with a key combination. I took 2 of your post and will show what I tried to explain, pictures being better than words typed with 2 fingers. One is with the page narrower and the other wide, the text adjusts itself.:):D:drinkup

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 194
  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 190

HEO Girl

Occupation
Or it could be that haha. Pictures really do help alot. My computer doesn't do that to the posts when the window is small it puts in the scroll bar at the bottom and makes me scroll left to right to read the rest.

Last edited:

diggerop

Occupation
And if I change my page size its different again.LOL:D:D

Yes ,when typing just keep typing ,it will automatically wrap (I think is the word) to the next line when a word won't fit on the current line.:drinkup

Attachments

• Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 192

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hey OCR, I see what your talking about. How the heck are you doing that? Just gotta make your post's look different than ours, eh? :D

OCR

Occupation
Believe me, I don't know, and I always let it wrap (word wrap).

Now I just used the enter key to drop down 2 lines... thought somebody else might know... and that was a word wrap right there... and the preview looks fine too. Again, let it wrap, did not use enter key either. Preview still looks fine.

Nothing wrong there... hmmm

OCR

Last edited:

OCR

Occupation
Yup, seems to have been fixed... :)

Thanks for the help HEO Girl, and every one else... :thumbsup

(Hit enter key 4 times... LOL) And now twice more.

I knew I should have kept my damn mouth shut about your sig HEO Girl... lol

But I do like the third line about the Deere... seen it happen many times. They just don't seem able to resist... well, I assume it's the Deere, and not the operator... I mean... uh, it would almost certainly have to be that, yes, I'm fairly confident about that... well, I'm more confident, then not confident about that, yes... at least over 50% confident, to some degree that is, but not overly confident by any degree... :rolleyes:... LOL

OCR... :)

PS: Sorry to here about your school deal falling through... :(

But I'm fairly con.........no,no,no....LOL

Seriously, I hope things work out...

Didn't know I knew how to do that, did ya...

Last edited:

diggerop

Occupation
Maybe something in your computer preferences is set up that way :beatsme, try this LOL:bash:bash:bash

HEO Girl

Occupation
Yup, seems to have been fixed... :)

Thanks for the help HEO Girl, and every one else... :thumbsup
No problemo senior!

I knew I should have kept my damn mouth shut about your sig HEO Girl... lol
Yes you really should have, hahaha. It made me realize how long it's been since I edited it last. When I listen to music I pick out certain lines and put it in my sig then add color to it and junk. I listen to ALOT of music :D. Usually it's got somethin to do with whats goin on in life right now for me. Kinda like a status update that myspace and facebook has . . . But shhhhh don't let the mods know, this isn't suppose to be myspace :D (just razzing you guys!!)

I mean... uh, it would almost certainly have to be that, yes, I'm fairly confident about that... well, I'm more confident, then not confident about that, yes... at least over 50% confident, to some degree that is, but not overly confident by any degree... :rolleyes:... LOL
Oh my, my poor little brain cannot handle that at 11 in the morning lol!

PS: Sorry to here about your school deal falling through... :(

Seriously, I hope things work out...

Didn't know I knew how to do that, did ya...
Aww thanks, yeah it sucks but I'm trying my hardest to get into something this year! I don't want to wait until next year to try again!

:tong All you did was copy and past it from my sig and add html to it!

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
But I do like the third line about the Deere... seen it happen many times. They just don't seem able to resist... well, I assume it's the Deere, and not the operator... I mean... uh, it would almost certainly have to be that, yes, I'm fairly confident about that... well, I'm more confident, then not confident about that, yes... at least over 50% confident, to some degree that is, but not overly confident by any degree... :rolleyes:...

Are you sure??? :lmao :falldownlaugh

OCR

Occupation
HEO Girl said:
All you did was copy and past it from my sig and add html to it!
Not... lol

I didn't think of that. I held down the Alt key and pressed #3 on the 10 key pad.

This is what you get... ♥

Then I used the tags at the top to make it red and bigger.

Always doing it the hard way!

OCR

Occupation
Are you sure??? :lmao :falldownlaugh

You know, I'm starting to wounder if somebody got a hold of my pass word.
But I'm fairly confident that I'm not sure... lol

Are we done here now?... :lmao

HEO Girl

Occupation
Not... lol

I didn't think of that. I held down the Alt key and pressed #3 on the 10 key pad.

This is what you get... ♥

Then I used the tags at the top to make it red and bigger.

Always doing it the hard way!

:eek: No way! I didn't know you new how to do all those neat little symbols to. That is very impressive OCR :notworthy

How do ya like my new avatar? Pretty snazzy ain't she!

OCR

Occupation
:eek: No way! I didn't know you new how to do all those neat little symbols to. That is very impressive OCR :notworthy

How do ya like my new avatar? Pretty snazzy ain't she!

Thank you.
and
I like it... snazzy she is... :thumbsup

OCR

OCR

Occupation
*12:20 AM HEO Girl Modifying Signature

*From Who's Online:

Again?

What's the song?

OCR... lol