• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Portable A/C Equipment

dieseldog5.9

I have been eyeing some Air Conditioning equipment, I have the Certification to purchase refrigerant and have some experience using a Robinair full shop unit, but am looking for a portable unit for the service truck to recover refrigerant. I don't do a lot of field A/C work so don't want to get a large budget machine, but I seem to get held up on a few jobs because I cannot recover the refrigerant.

Looking for what works for other guys, looks like possibly the Robinair RG6 would work.

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
I run a robinair vacuum pump, Napa gauges and a tank that looks like a propane tank. To be honest the majority of my repairs have already leaked out so I don’t need the tank much.

Reactions: JPV

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Richie "Yellow Jacket" is my recovery machine and Robinair recovery tanks with a Mastercool 5cfm vacuum pump. Had this setup over 25 years problem free and the recovery machine is still current.

MFIHCAT

I use Mastercool 69110, came with recovery bottle, Robinair vac pump, OTC scale, and Robinair manifold set. You dont really need the manifold set, but I like it better than just the gauges on recovery machine. All seperate pieces makes it a little easier to load in service truck.