• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

pool demolition

tuney443

Occupation
excavating contractor
I've demo'd many pools here where I work in NY and never needed any permits.Counties South of me yes,there a contractor needs a permit to fart while working.Usually the ones I get are in ground vinyl linered over steel panels so usually I remove the top trim and coping,everything else gets buried with clean fill compacted and a new lawn gets installed.One of my favorite jobs.

Landmass

We just did a pool Demo this summer punched a hole in the bottom and filled it in,Customer was cheap.

wolfgrrl

I would definitely check the codified ordinances for your city, which can usually be found online. Make buddies with your building inspector :)

Also, the "for sale" hitch that GeeVee mentioned may have some merit. There is usually a survey when a property changes hands, and if that turms up lack of said pool, that could cause issues.

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
Holy crap.... I would have just built up a little bit and turened it into a garage with a really slanted floor..... B-) What a bear that job was, yikes!

Colorado Digger

every pool and hot tub and have ever demo'd has been real tough. i always plan on alot of gunite and alot of hammering and picking out bar.