• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Plugs and caps for hydrualic hoses

nilzlofgren

Does anyone know where I can find assorted plugs and caps, for the ends of hydraulic hoses. Occasionally I've seen assortments, but never knew where I could by them. Does anybody know? Thanks. John.

donkey doctor

Occupation
retired
We used to take a female hose fitting and braze shut the stub end that goes into the hose to us as caps and take a hose to pipe male/male fitting and put a pipe cap on the pipe thread end for plugging hoses. Not elegent but does the job. make as needed and you end up with quite a collection after awhile. Don't know how price compares to proper plugs and caps. Regards D.D.

Dualie

I bought an assortment from my local parker dealer a while ago. It was pricey but i was tired of not having them.

theironoracle

Occupation
OWNER/OPERATOR MOBILE HEAVY EQUIPMENT REPAIR
for steel caps and plugs I also buy from hyd-kits.com for plastic push in/on I use a kit from my cat dealer! It comes in a plano double sided tackle box and the last one I bought was $60! I know what your thinking sounds to good to be true, but really this is one of the only non proprietary things I have ever purchased from my cat dealer. LOL...............TIO

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
for steel caps and plugs I also buy from hyd-kits.com for plastic push in/on I use a kit from my cat dealer! It comes in a plano double sided tackle box and the last one I bought was $60! I know what your thinking sounds to good to be true, but really this is one of the only non proprietary things I have ever purchased from my cat dealer. LOL...............TIO

Is there a Cat part number for this kit?

RBMcCloskey

Occupation
Heavy Construction Contractor
Americal Hose & Hydraulics in Paterson, NJ, they can make up a assortment for you both SAE and Metric.

Also call Mike Pearl at Equipment Mart Of NY 203-335-0100 he has fittings for flange type hoses that are wonderful. http://www.flangelock.com/

muskoka guy

Occupation
builder
My heavy epuipment buddy showed me a trick if you blow a line and are losing fluid. Take off the fitting on the supply side and put a dime in the fitting. Put the fitting back on. This will stop the flow. Keeps you from losing all your fluid and you could limp the machine a short distance if you have to. Wrecks the dime but well worth ten cents. Have used it a few times and it works like a charm.