• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Please help bidding a job

Rlh constructio

I have several pieces of equipment and dump trucks. Our local lake has has a bad flood and have several loads of brush debris on the banks around the camp sites. And when I mean several prob over a 1000 loads. Rules state no burning and all have to be removed from government grounds. 35 miles is as close as I can find to dump debris. Would you chip the smaller brush and Haul
Off the longer ones. Please help

mitch504

1000 lds, I'd chip it all. I can easily haul a 26-ton load of chips, it's hard to get 10 tons of brush.

No way would I be using a hand-fed chipper, either, the labor would eat you alive.

If It's clean and dry, see if you can sell the chips for fuel, even if at less than cost.

d9gdon

I'd work on finding a closer place to dump. That freight is liable to put you out of the running on the bid.