• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

playing in the coal and mud

redline

Occupation
Plant operator and Tenkate plant hire
well i am not exactly new here but i have been rather quiet for a while and thought now was a really good time to say hi and post some pics of my workplace.

I work for a poly welding mine services company here in central queensland in australia.

we weld poly pipe together to form pipelines for dewatering and wet season mitigation for a number of large coal mines.

my main role is a backhoe operator as we use them to load the poly pipe into the welding cradles and also for dragging the lines into position and all manner of general works that need doing from day to day.

my backhoe is a cat 432E with a touch over 3000hrs on the clock, it's starting to get a little tired from the heavy workload, 630mm poly lengths 20m long weight 1.8t and we often drag as many as 6 of these lengths welded together for distances up to 6-8kms.

we also have a 432D but i dont have any pics of it and also a couple of JCB's on hire of which one can be seen here.

below are some pics of the backhoes and some intersting things that drive past thru the day27082011650.jpg06092011668.jpg21082011636.jpg06092011673.jpg03092011659.jpg

Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Do you use the backhoes extensively for trenching or is there an excavator in the mix of equipment?

redline

Occupation
CM1995, mostly this poly remains on the surface apart from road crossings where its either dug in or a dirt mound made over it to allow traffic to pass over it, we did a dig under the main haul rd last week and used one of the small diggers as that was all that was available, was a hitatchi 1200 lol. sanding and backfilling was done with a komatsu WA800 loader hahaha

will try and get some more pics uploaded if u guys are interested, there is always something interesting to see out here.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
The 1200 Hitachi is a large machine until you put it on that transport.:D

Keep up the pics, it's interesting to see different parts of the world.

redline

Occupation
well today we had an unusual task to attend, after the plumbers cut a 2km water line up into 15m lengths we had to move the pipe 12kms to another location, what do use to move over 100 lengths of pipe as fast as possible, well a 784C and towhaul low loader ofcourse.

i used my 432E and it's front bucket forks to load the each pipe on.

not ur average pipe trailer but very effective non the less lol
24092011721.jpg24092011727.jpg24092011717.jpg24092011730.jpg

Last edited:

redline

Occupation
sorry for the late reply mate, well its just over 15m long, as for the width i am not sure but its the same width as the 784C truck pulling it, sure makes short work of most gear on the mine, apart from the RH340's and the 3600 hitachi's