• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Plant Hire Rates - South America

EPS uk

Hello, I'm new here so bear with me :)

I am trying to get a feel for excavator hire rates in Venezuela, South America and am not having much luck tracking down anything on the net. I am hoping that maybe someone here has the information or can point me in the right direction.

I am looking for general market rates for operated and none operated excavators excluding fuel:

21 ton
30 ton
45 ton

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
Having worked around that area of Latin America for a number of years I unfortunately can't help you with your rental rates but I can make one suggestion. Stay as far away as you can away from Venezuela in the current political cliimate. The place simply isn't safe.......

And before you take that suggestion with a pinch of salt I happily once worked in a mining operation in Central Africa in the middle of a civil war.

EPS uk

Thanks for the response, its always good to have some first hand knowledge.

Nige

G..G..G..Granville.........!! Fetch your cloth.
I would make the same comment about Mexico, especially the northern part of the country. Not long ago I was offered a crank at a copper mine in that area very close (25 miles) to the border with Arizona, due South of Bisbee. I did my homework on the place and went back to the prospective employer with a question "how big's your cheque book?" .............. that ended that conversation very rapidly.

Having made the comments about Venezuela let me add that I would happily work in Colombia that shares its Eatern border with Venezuela, and Guyana that shares its Western border with Venezuela. Also Surinam would be no problem either. Just to give you some perspective.