• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pipe Laying

812harleys

Occupation
Equipment operator, mechanic, some office work on
Hi, it has been along time since I gotten to post here, the recession doesn't seem to affect irrigation too much, the water is still going downhill!! I have been doing some bids on HDPE pipeline installs and wondering what others are getting per foot to install. I have one comming for 1900 feet of 18" HDPE with one road crossing and one elbow. It comming up @ about $16.84 per foot for the equipment and manpower. Is this way off or what everyone else is getting for laying pipe 4' in the ground??

mainlinehoehand

Occupation
mainline forman
Well it all depends on what the land is like that you are diggin through.. If your in a open field that you could dig over a 1000' a day then ya its a little high... That is if you are not paying for the hdpe or the manpower to fuse it... but if its in town and through the asphault and crossing utilities then it would be a reasonable price.

812harleys

Occupation
Equipment operator, mechanic, some office work on
Yes, that is paying for the fusing machine and fusing it, laying, sleeving the road and puting in a few taps. Not including the pipe though, The pipe is about $11.50 per foot not counting delivery. Thats pretty good for pipe but it is going up about the 1st of the month though.

mainlinehoehand

Occupation
mainline forman
well then i would say that you are have a good price.... hell i would not even dig it and backfill for less than 7 a foot my self..