1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Pintle to gooseneck swap possible

Discussion in 'Trailers' started by danielm, Dec 19, 2007.

1. danielm

danielm Well-Known Member

We should start the swap in a few weeks. I hope to be able to retain the pintle hook option if possible so I can pull it with the 2 ton.

I'll try to get some pics of the progress.

2. Midwestern4x4

Midwestern4x4 Well-Known Member

Local 150 Operator
  3. danielm

danielm Well-Known Member

No progress due to health issues. I'm going downhill fast, looks like I'll end up selling it as is to lighten the load.

4. tsteel

tsteel New Member

You can do this with ease if you by cuttin the tongue off and building a entire new tongue. We have done it many times!

5. carogator

carogator Well-Known Member

how about forming a trailer pool, local co-op, club, neighborhood association, with other trailer owners. you could then use whatever trailer you need as each member has.

6. adv.wastewater

adv.wastewater Well-Known Member

i am getting ready to have this done... have a 10ton pintle trailer and i am buying the gooseneck part from a trailer manufacturer and having it converted... not going to be switching back and forth, just gooseneck hookup...