• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pin on rake

D6c10K

I've got a USA Attachments pin-on rake for my D6c that I've had for a couple of years....same width as the blade.
I'm trying to decide whether to weld in some grader blade between the teeth to better cut roots. Will it make it harder to clean the brush of dirt?
I know it works well in some conditions, but not sure if it will work with the soils we have in southern IA. ( Mostly shallow topsoil with heavy clay under it)

farmerlund

Occupation
Farmer/ excavator
I would think not a good idea unless your rake has really wide tooth spacing. I have had a couple different types of pin on rakes. The more steel between the teeth the more dirt you will push up also. If I get a tough root i just jam the rake into the ground than push it up to the surface.