• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pin and bush seals

cjmc

hi all,
looking into replacing all the pins and bushes around the bucket linkage area on my ex60-3 as they are quite well worn.
Wondering what your opinions on putting in new grease seals when doing the bushings, are they strictly necessary, some people saying they’re a waste of time as they get ruined after a few hours work.
Just looking for opinions either way.
Thanks

Batkom

I did all those on my Komatsu PC 75 last winter. And put the new grease seals in.
From the looks of the old ones they had lasted a long time and helped the pins n bushings out till the pins n bushings wore to the point where the seals could not contact the pins.
A summer of work on them now, and they are still in good shape.
I personally would definitely put them in again when redoing a pin n bushing job.

Volvomad

I reckon shimming everything properly will keep in more grease than seals but with new pins and bushes I would put them in as well . They should last along time when everything is a snug fit