• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures to share

andoman

Simple, ignorance. In the three years I have had it, it has been more of a hurt than it has a help. The track version would be awesome to have, but 9 tons per wheel with a contact patch of maybe three inches, is simply stupid and poor designing.

I've seen a few local guys that swapped out the two rear wheels for tracks to solve that problem, the one fellow said it eliminated 90% of the problems they had with it but god save you if the front wheels ever touch a soft surface.

Toegrinder

Occupation
Milling Foreman
I've seen a few local guys that swapped out the two rear wheels for tracks to solve that problem, the one fellow said it eliminated 90% of the problems they had with it but god save you if the front wheels ever touch a soft surface.

The problem with that is you wouldn't be able to swing the right rear leg in front of the cutter box, which I use often. I'm also not sure the left rear leg would clear when set in.

Blue Collar

We have 4 of those W1200's and they all have tracks on the 4 legs, im sure all the machine diminsions are the same so i would think you could replace the heavy wheels with tracks. I couldnt imagine running one with wheels with the stuff and areas i have to cut.

milling_drum

Occupation
asphalt mill operator (ret)
If its a clearance issue for a track in that area in front of the drum housing, that rubber tire 1200 might be the same as a 1000 model with a bigger drum housing. I'd like to know how big the difference is in weight too.

andoman

From what I was told the machines are identical and the legs are interchangeable and should keep the swing in functionality

Toegrinder

Occupation
Milling Foreman
We have 4 of those W1200's and they all have tracks on the 4 legs, im sure all the machine diminsions are the same so i would think you could replace the heavy wheels with tracks. I couldnt imagine running one with wheels with the stuff and areas i have to cut.

From what I was told the machines are identical and the legs are interchangeable and should keep the swing in functionality

The machines are not identical. I actually thought the same thing when I first got ahold of it, I wanted to switch it out the wheels for tracks. But the are two completely different frames. The area where the wheels are in the frame when set in is a lot wider on the track version.

Toegrinder

Occupation
Milling Foreman
it's kinda hard to see in the picture but you can definitely see the difference in frames compared between this pic and my earlier post

Attachments

• track 1200.jpg
    track 1200.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 747
Last edited:

milling_drum

Occupation
I'll never be able to tell the joy of running this thing, complete with worn out drive pulley wheels, bad flashing....its almost like comming home:)

It did have a V-12, that was kinda a consolation of sorts, never got to get the power out of it because of the worn out pulleys.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 754

milling_drum

Occupation
Dyna

This thing wasn't all that bad....kinda impressed with it.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 746

bean

added a PR1000 rear conveyor to eliminate windrow elevator.

Attachments

• IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 737
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 722

milling_drum

Occupation
Custom Built recycle trains great to look at!

This from last nite, we spend an average of an hour parked every nite waiting for....you know.

Attachments

• 2_2.jpg
    2_2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 722

bean

Replacement mill they sent to us today

Attachments

• IMG_0508.jpg
    IMG_0508.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 684

bean

This was what was in the fuel filter of the other one

Attachments

• IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 679

bean

here is the **** machine that wouldn't start in the cut

Attachments

• IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 698

bean

Wirtgen 3800cr.

Attachments

• Miller Crews 023.jpg
    Miller Crews 023.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 683
  • Miller Crews 014.jpg
    Miller Crews 014.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 688

Blue Collar

do you know why all the water and moisture is getting into the fuel system, i ask this because one of our small mills is always haveing problems with the fuel getting water in it.

bean

I'm pretty sure the fuel cap was left off. I have had this problem on a larger machine before where the fuel tank had a bolt on lid for cleanout that leaked due to bad welds/gasket. Cap the fuel tank and pressure check with 40 psi of air or so, and you will find out if the tank is your problem. If it doesn't have a fuel water seperator it won't hurt to add one aswell.

daddy

I'm pretty sure the fuel cap was left off. I have had this problem on a larger machine before where the fuel tank had a bolt on lid for cleanout that leaked due to bad welds/gasket. Cap the fuel tank and pressure check with 40 psi of air or so, and you will find out if the tank is your problem. If it doesn't have a fuel water seperator it won't hurt to add one aswell.

I wouldn't put 40 psi of air into a tank not designed as a pressure vessel.

You could permanantly deform it, or have to pick up the pieces and build a new one.

Two or three pounds will find a leak.

milling_drum

Occupation
And in most cases, the leak will be somewhere REALLY hard to get at. Cause mills are good for pain in the @ss things like that:)