1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Pictures to share

Discussion in 'Mills' started by milling_drum, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Toegrinder

Toegrinder Well-Known Member

Milling Foreman
    Continued...

Pic #1 I-10? in Tucson

Pic #2 The crane that usually pulls out our W1200

Pic #3 App's PR-750 in Vegas

Attached Files:

2. WColtharp

WColtharp Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with Mills at all really but after reading this thread I am interested! In your last post you posted a picture of a Tow Truck looking to be a Rotator. Does the mill have to be lifted out of the cut almost all the time or can they most of the time drive out? Keep up the great pictures!

3. bean

bean Well-Known Member

Normally the mill drives out everytime unless it breaks down or gets stuck. There is pictures of mills with wheels instead of tracks around here somewhere, those tend to get stuck allot.

4. Toegrinder

Toegrinder Well-Known Member

Milling Foreman
  5. milling_drum

milling_drum Senior Member

asphalt mill operator (ret)
    Pr1050

It isn't even possible to begin telling the joys of this machine:)

Attached Files:

6. milling_drum

Day after we ran that PR525, we put a rebuilt planetary in it. Now they want to put a micro mill head in it. Old, raggity money making SOB. And the W2200....well lets see how those holders look in a month.

Attached Files:

7. milling_drum

Rx900

well....I ran it for a day....

Attached Files:

8. milling_drum

Ortiz

This operation have some very interesting pieces of equipment. The Terex CMI is a 1994 model with a narrow conveyor, the upper is a folding conveyor. I've never seen a folding conveyor on any CMI other than this one. The One I am running is a 2004 model which kinda boogles me because I had thought Terex was in control of CMI at that point.

The grade control systems are custom made by a company or people from Japan. They seem to work good but they are along the same lines as a Topcon system where the operator has very little control. My personal opinion of such systems is that they slow the mill down because the groundman is tied to staying at whatever location the boxes are, thereby making it a chore to make changes or stay moving if obstacles are in the way.

I should be able to get some better pictures as time goes on, get off this night shift nonsense. As usual, Granite are in complete control of the milling operation and do not allow us to get too far ahead.

9. milling_drum

CMI folding conveyor

The only CMI I have seen or heard of with a folding Conveyor belongs to Ortiz & Associates. 1994 PR800-7.

Attached Files:

10. Gwargo

Gwargo Member

would be nice to have ground guys that knew how to mark and not just play on their phones...

11. milling_drum

Hahahaha as an operator I had a foreman on the ground whack three water valves in less then 2 hours on side street cutbacks. All were located on the radius in the exact same spot. Later that day we ran over an exposed manhole, that was my last day operating that mill. Then, end of the day in 95 degree heat the foremanwaterboxwhackoff loser asks me to wash down the engine....uh, what would have happened if I used a powerful stream of cold water on an extremely hot twin turbo diesel engine?

12. zygy3

zygy3 Member

Computer Teacher
  13. blktppr

blktppr Member

What year is the W1200F...

I was wondering what year the W1200F is, as the 2006 W1200F I operate has a different handrail on the ladder.

14. milling_drum

The only 1200F that iv run was an old SOB, at least a 2002 model, be sure wirtgen did make changes toward improvement on a continual basis. In Florida those 4ft heads were used on quite a bit of shouldering work because the loadout systems could keep up at maximum depth. The job I had come from to where those pictures were taken was on HWY 29 coming out of Everglades City which was all shell rock shoulder excavation 10 inches deep off the asphalt edge at 2% ..... 8 ft width. Guardrail forced me to modify the ladder considerably so its a pretty good chance whatever you see in that picture is fix it enough to run and thats it.

15. blktppr

blktppr Member

they are very handy for shoulder work here in MN as well, we hire our machine and operator out to many other companys for just that kind of work. Here is a picture of our machine loaded and ready to go out.

mill.jpg

16. milling_drum

Can tell by the body and frame its early 2000's or late 90s, round there. It has a few little items that resemble the DC series.

17. blktppr

blktppr Member

year of W1200F

Date on manufactures tag list 2006.

18. milling_drum

Might be so, I was using that water tank piece that hangs down as a ref. You can run the serial number and that gives the exact date. Generally with any type of heavy equipment that's how it is. You would order parts off that number as well.

19. glenlunberg

glenlunberg Senior Member

Supervisor
    :eek: COOL PICS! ;)