• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

rabbit

Occupation
Plumbing and Exavation Contractor
My Cat 416 has to have spacers in order to use chains on the rear wheels. I assume the 436 is the same. That 590 looks pretty tight on the fenders. Do they require spacers as well?

No spacers on either machine. But with heavy lug tires probably would need them.

DGODGR

Here's some pictures of the old girl. I finally got some digital photos so I thought I would post them here. I've had her since new, and she still hides her age well. She still works like a champ too. This backhoe has proved to be an excellent purchase. She mostly sits on the bench now but she will step up to the plate, and get the job done, whenever I ask. I can't think of a single time she has let me down. I hope you enjoy the pics, and let me know what you think.

Attachments

• IMG_0072-1.jpg
    IMG_0072-1.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 2,092
  • IMG_0074-1-1.jpg
    IMG_0074-1-1.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 2,085

Jlillie2

Occupation
Media services
I didn't know it was rare until after I had brought it home and started looking for parts. "You have a WHAT? I haven't seen one of those in YEARS" is not agood thing to hear when searching for parts! I would put the White Oliver stickers back on it if I could find them. I'm going to fabricate a new ROPS as well as the old cab that I took off was nothing but glass and sheet metal.
Yup, I hear that a lot with My Takeuchi TB25. Normally they also add, "you know, those parts havn't been made in...." (I cuth them off) "Yea, I know, in many years".... B-(

DGODGR

Sorry for the delayed response time. I still don't get e-mail notifications for subscribed threads.
nice cat clean for her age
Thanks. I bet you can't guess how many hours are on that backhoe.

Nice pictures! What is the attachment on the hoe in place of the bucket?

John

It's a compaction wheel. That one is made by Entek (bought out by Rockland). It's an 18" wide pad foot unit.

volvobl

Sorry for the delayed response time. I still don't get e-mail notifications for subscribed threads.

Thanks. I bet you can't guess how many hours are on that backhoe.

It's a compaction wheel. That one is made by Entek (bought out by Rockland). It's an 18" wide pad foot unit.

il guess but id say around the 6000 area if its got more then credit is due to you as looking after machines is the best policy and get a heck of a lot more noticeable as a contractor

DGODGR

il guess but id say around the 6000 area if its got more then credit is due to you as looking after machines is the best policy and get a heck of a lot more noticeable as a contractor

That's a fair guess but not accurate. This machine was used exclusively everyday up until I moved to CO. I moved to CO ten years ago and the unit had over 5,000 hours on it then. I have a Polaroid photo and the hoe still looked new at that time. It is not used nearly as much as it used to be. She does not get the attention that she used to, when she was the only machine I owned, so the paint is not holding up so good anymore. The previous photos (taken in December) do not show it very well but she is starting to show her age a bit now. I have had to replace the brakes 2x and I replaced the hydraulic pump last summer. The pump had not given out but I felt as though she was getting a little weak on the lift circuit of the loader. The new pump has things working tip top again.
Those are some pretty good clues. One more guess and I'll reveal my secret.

volvobl

im going to say 9000 hrs on her the same here really cant really look after them spot on as ive got other equipment to

DGODGR

SMU reads over 12,000 hours. This has been a really good machine. She's a little sluggish to start when it's cold out but I can't fault her for it.

Farmereinar

[video=youtube;0HkdW7j1JPo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HkdW7j1JPo[/video]

mmy dad on the e digging out a swamp pit we loaded with fill to firm it up

4 stick or nothin!

FilthyFun

Hi everyone, this is the CAT I'm using the most. I'm pretty sure its a 416C.

0503011419.jpg

It's probably got well over 10,000 hours on it.

volvobl

I still think there should be more of a choice for sideshift backhoes in usa/canada