1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Pictures of your Backhoe!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tractor/Loader/Backhoes' started by Case 580e, May 20, 2009.

1. hookedondiesel

hookedondiesel Senior Member

Very nice machine, you also have the side shift so you can move the hoe side to side.:scool

2. Billrog

Billrog Senior Member

band mill , backhoe and dump truck
    That has to be the most decked out machine I've ever seen , very nice.

3. 590 Super LE

590 Super LE New Member

Thanks guys! I`m really fond of it :)
    It`s a shame that this type of backhoe is so uncommon in sweden. Backhoes used here are mostly bigger ones.

4. Honcho

Honcho Well-Known Member

Respect for keeppin it clean and shiny. Sometimes when i see a backhoe all covered ina three years grease, it just makes me sick. Old model but with joysticks

5. Honcho

Honcho Well-Known Member

How about Hidrema i love that brand but expenseive too much

6. Honcho

Honcho Well-Known Member

What about Hidrema i love that brand. But price is over blown

7. Hobbytime

Hobbytime Senior Member

building a greenhouse on the front of my barn...boy those Amish work good and fast... 8.jpg 9.jpg 4.jpg

8. 590 Super LE

590 Super LE New Member

Your backhoes look Nice too Honcho! Where in russia du You operate? Hydrema is quiet common here. Looks like Great machines.

9. fast_st

fast_st Senior Member

IT systems admin
    Good job Hobbytime, someone who can appreciate tire chains!! Same here.

10. thierrys

thierrys Member

Sales and Marketing Executive
  11. Willie B

Willie B Senior Member

Electrician
    I love the 590 series. No backhoe has ever been too big. I have the 580K. It sometimes is too small.

Willie

12. Willie B

Willie B Senior Member

Electrician
    Hobbytime;

Your backhoe isn't new. 1985? My first backhoe, I answered an ad. An older man said he bought a 555 (triple nickel) to replace an older Case. He couldn't get used to the difference in controls from the Case. The price was good, the machine was pristine, low hour. I wanted it. Next day, trying to pay for it, I was witness to a horrible example of parental abuse. The 30 year old son threw a fit. It was his machine, his father had no right to sell it. I still don't know who owned it.

A day later the son called me to offer a newer Case 580E. It was abused, but fixable. Again the price was right. It was 4 wheel drive. I agreed to buy. I was 150 miles from home. He wouldn't accept my check. I suggested his bank was across the road. I could have my bank wire the money to his bank while we wait. That wasn't good enough for him. I ended up not buying. I couldn't deal with this nut.

Two years later, on vacation nearby, my son and I were driving along when we spotted a Case 350 Dozer. The asking price was $3500. It wasn't easy finding the owner. He was losing a 16 year battle with brain cancer. He wanted to put his affairs in order before he died, didn't want his wife to have that task too. Three hours into the process, I was writing the check, when the A hole from the backhoe incident pulled in with his trailer. He handed the seller 35 $100. bills. The guy looked at me, feeling guilty, apologized.

No 555 for me, or 350 Case, all because crack pots are allowed to roam free.

Years later it's a 580K Case, and TD7G Dresser dozer. I'm wiser but none the worst for my experiences.

The 555 is one tough, well designed tractor. Friends in the dirt business retired one to farm use only. It works with no maintenance at all, for twenty years.

Willie

13. Hobbytime

Hobbytime Senior Member

11.jpg
    those double D or loop chains got me out of some sticky mud many times....the rear tires are due for some new replacements, that will be spring time...the 555 spends most of its time on softer dirt, and when clay gets wet its like grease..

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  14. Hobbytime

Hobbytime Senior Member

its around 1980 vintage and was well maintained by the previous owner, he has an excavating business and as he upgrades to newer machines I get first dibs on what he sells, I also picked up a komatsu D-58 dozer from him...sounds like you have the nut magnet turned up to high...LOL...the 555 is serving me well, when I was renovating the house and had to replace all the stacked stone foundation with a new footing and block, in the long run it was cheaper to buy the 555 than pay someone todo the excavating and sight work..there was a learning curve, but in time I got the hand of it...good thing the finished siding wasnt on my house yet..lol...a few hidden scars from getting too close with the buckets...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  15. Hobbytime

Hobbytime Senior Member

here is more of the framing done, I have to stain the wood then the poly plastic to enclose it in.. IMG_1286.jpg

16. Hobbytime

Hobbytime Senior Member

they work great in the snow too..back in the barn for the night.. P2120013.jpg P2120018.jpg

17. redcow

redcow New Member

retired
    my 580D

Bought this to install septic system and water lines on my farm. Really smooth machine with low hours came with forks and bucket thumb. backhoe1.jpg

18. Metalman 55

Metalman 55 Senior Member

I had a 580 Super D for many years. Bought it used & in kind of rough shape, then fixed it up & painted it. Mine had the 2 stick John Deer controls......took a bit of getting used to, but once I was used to it I liked it. It was a nice machine. Sold it a few years ago & got a 580 SM.

19. Metalman 55

Metalman 55 Senior Member

This was my Super D. 20131010_171255.jpg 20140718_112448.jpg

Here is the 580 Super M. It was 9 years old when I bought it with low hours on it.

20. Willie B

Willie B Senior Member

Electrician
    I've never seen a D before. We have a number of Es locally. I presume the flat glass, and twin boom cylinders make it a European built model. Cummins T390?

Willie